Sunday, July 18, 2010

End of the Holidays!

Well it is an end of my holiday (a week is never long enough) and the end of the kids school holidays!  Tomorrow brings us back to routine, routine I like but holidays I like better :-)
On Friday my cousie came and helped chop our tree down here he is in action:

Lucky it was him up there and NOT me!  He had all the safety gear on and it only took him one and a half hours to get this down.  Then it took us another two days to get all chopped up and the usless bits all taken and gotten rid of. Now the hard bit - to get rid of the stump!
So after all of that i felt it only right that I could play in the scrap room and after burning my arm on my heat gun (who would be so dumb - seriously I have had it for 15 years and only now do I be dumb!) this is what I came up with and Beck's will be happy it is a "Rachel original" (can't ya tell!)


I had lots of fun playing with embossing powders, I used Gold, Copper and Red to try to get the Autumn colours replicated - not quite what I was expecting but happy with it all the same.

And I have ordered LOADS of the new Dusty Attic chipboard and it will be here in time for Raincliff so you lucky ladies will be one of the first to get your hands on it!

Righto thats it for me - might head off to bed for an early night - can't sleep in tomorrow DARN it - doesn't work just get in the way of playing?

Have a great week everyone!

Cheers
Rachel

5 comments:

Beck C said...

Nice layouts, and originals too - well done you!

Trace said...

Yep he can have the tree climbing lol. Looking forward the the shopping...oh I mean all the creating at the retreat ROFL. And I met Katherine/Kathryn who will be at the retreat, apparently dressed up and noisy according to her lol.

Dianne H said...

WTG Rachel. Love the effect you have on the DA trees. Have a good week.

Karen Mortensen said...

Crikey, that looks a little dangerous. I have a couple of trees that needs pruning if your cousin ever comes to London LOL

Great LO, love that big tree! Smashing work! xx

Sonya said...

Loving your embossed tree! And top marks to your tree cutter, I could do with him at our house!