Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just call us the next Tim Holtz??

I love Tim Holtz distress inks to colour in stamping images, using to distress pages and all sorts!
I also love Tim Holtz handles for using with the inks it just makes using on your pages SO much easier, so because I have nearly all 24 inks and I was blog hopping (as you do) I saw a scrap room that had handles for all the major colours in the distress inks and away on a tangent i went - surely I could have that - as with the add for Mitre 10 - Come on mate it's easy!!
So after talking Jo and Jo's hubby - Sean (and also my work mate) into showing us girls how to turn the handles we spent all weekend making them.
Saturday saw me turning handles from Rimu - wow that was so much fun - time consuming fun i might add.
Then on Sunday Jo rang to skite that she had made 10 handles in 3 hours, so off I went to Sean's garage to make some to but there was no way I could make it work on Sunday it was like a jigsaw puzzle that I could not put together so that left Jo doing all the wood turning and I was head glue them together and oil up the wood.
Here are a few photos:

A very patient Sean on the side!

They are all different and very unique!


Here is Bo and I putting on the velcro and the pad, note that Bo got the dowel handles cause we gave up at that stage lol.



And mostly done!
Where are the photos of Jo? Well she was always behind the camera so I might have to add one later with her holding the finished product and using them perhaps?

Anyway it was a fast way to kill a whole weekend and Bo, Jo and I got 15 handles each - not quite the 24 we were aiming for but hey it was a good start!


Some of the handles that we used in the make and take on Saturday at the crop!

Back later with some photos of the Oamaru crop at the weekend - man that was fun what an awesome friendly bunch of ladies and it was so much fun so thanks so much for that and I will post in the next couple of days with some photos!

Catch you soon

Rachel

3 comments:

Beverley said...

Brilliant ... you guys are legends! Let me know when you start making them to sell!

Beck C said...

Wow, you have been BUSY!!! Very impressive :)

Mel said...

How clever is that! Good for you. (I love Mitre 10 - I now buy MDF to paint on - I prefer it to canvas. Even getting them to cut it costs about 25% of what the art shops sell painting board for.)