Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

How do you sum up the words to express to your dad how much he means to you?
My dad does SO much for our whole family he is our rock, he is so loved and respected and I don't know what I would do without him.
Verses are the easiest way for me and I found a good one about a month ago so I cut it out of the paper and kept it for yesterday (amazing what you can find in the dispatched part of the paper) - so for the card I was good to go - I thought!

I have been investigating Digi stamping and decided to dive on in there and brought some images from Mo's digital Pencil. But the simple didn't turn out that way!
I had even brought a fixative to spray on to apparently stop the image from running but this is what it looked like!



Now i know if you stand WAY WAY back it looks ok lol, but seriously does anyone know how I can make this image solid so i can colour in with the distress inks - anyone?

So this is how the card ended up - and I am still happy with it just would have liked a bit of colour.

and the inside

ok so the gold fish are well very gold but I didn't have silver and they looked silly painted!

But Dad was happy and it took ages - well not really but I even got the sewing machine out and painted the stuff white on the inside the fish net looking stuff!


Ok so on a scrapbooking note, I have the new Kaiser book with the next round of Q2 release papers - WOW they are very nice!!! Just in time for Christmas projects.
Last year we made our own Christmas crackers it was lots of fun finding jokes that were relative to each person and filling them with lollies - Nigel still has his he liked it so much - but he is unaware that the kids (well ok and me) have discovered you can get the lollies out without destroying the cracker lol!

Well best I get off here and out of my PJ's and off to work, if you are out and about pick yourself up the latest Up 2 Scraps Magazine there is a cutie on the front cover - see if you can guess who that is? Oh and she has a couple of layouts in there too!

Catch you all soon, take care

Rachel

1 comment:

Pattie G said...

Hi Rachel, My name is Pattie and I might be able to help you. I have been making my cards with Mo's Digital images and have not had a problem with the ink bleeding. Make sure you let your images dry good. I usually print out a few different ones and let them sit for days without painting them. I also use watercolor pencils. I just bought a lighter weight watercolor paper and I will let you know how it works. Here is my blogspot:
http://pattiescreations.blogspot.com/